Pitch Lake Picnic
March 15 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
On Sunday 2nd February, 2020 join us as we visit the Pitch Lake, the one of Trinidad’s natural wonders . It is the largest commercial deposit of natural asphalt in the world – one of only three in known existence – and holds approximately 10 million tonnes of asphalt.
Lets walk on the living surface with its hissing and burping sounds. Small pools of water form on it during the rainy season and you can bathe in them. They contain high levels of sulfur and villagers claim they are the fountains of life, good for curing anything from skin conditions to joint pain.
We spend the time lounging and rejuvenating in this unique spectacle.
Cost: $130.00 (for members)
$150 (for non-members).
$100 with out transportation.
• Reliable Transportation (Return Trip),
• Professional Experienced Friendly Guides,
• Safety equipment (LifeJacket)
• Safe and secure event,
• Secured Parking at UWI
Assembly: 8:30am at JFK Shuttle Stop, U.W.I Main Campus.
Departure time: 9:00am.
Estimated time of return: 6pm
1. Have a proper shoes with good sole grips. (No slippers)
2. Pack an extra change of clothing (to remain in maxi taxi).
3. No jeans, thick cotton tops or clothing that will absorb and retain large amounts of water.
4. Secure all electrical items.
5. No littering, alcohol or smoking allowed.
6. Walk with any medication you may require (asthma, allergies etc)
Registration is open and can be done via the following methods:
1) FULL PAYMENT at Scotiabank Trinidad- Bank Account number: 42135- 4016758
**After payment is made kindly send a photo to 2686608 to confirm your payment.
2) FINAL Registration day is on Friday 31st January, 2020 and can be done from 5pm to 7pm at Rituals Coffee Shop, UWI Main Campus, St. Augustine.
**NO REFUNDS AFTER FINAL REGISTRATION DAY (31.1.2020)**
For more information contact Raiza 2686608 or Garvin (3335913)