- This event has passed.
Paria Waterfall Hike
March 10 @ 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
On Sunday 10th March 2019 join us as we venture to one of the most mind-blowing falls on the island, the ever popular Paria Falls.
The journey is three (3) hours long one way (walking) that treks across dirt roads, transcends the Caribbean Sea where picturesque views and photos can be taken on the “Coconut Tree in the Sea” and the “Church Rock”…not to mention the evergreen rainforest that presents the steep leg cramping “Mount Kilimanjaro”. The Paria falls is one of the most voluminous waterfalls in Trinidad that presents nature in its mystifying beauty and overwhelming power.
This hike is rated 7 out of 10 (Difficult) there will be steep uphill climbs through dense forest.
1. Have proper shoes with good sole grips. (No slippers)
2. Pack an extra change of clothing (to remain in the maxi taxi).
3. NO JEANS, thick cotton tops or clothing that will absorb and retain large amounts of water.
4. Secure all electrical items in waterproof/ ziplock bags.
5. No littering, alcohol or smoking allowed.
6. INFORM HIKE LEADERS OF ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS and Walk with any medication you may require (asthma, allergies etc.)
7. Hydrate properly at least four days before to prevent dehydration on the trail.
8. Eat hearty breakfast and prepare light snacks for the trail.
9. Pack essentials and not too heavy.
10. Pack at least two (2) liters of water to rehydrate on the journey.
This hike is rated 7 out 10 (difficult)
Cost: $100.00 (for members) and $120 (for non-members). (additional cost for return by boat option- $60)
***It is Advised that ALL hikers walk with the extra $60 in the event that they are unable to make the return journey***
• Reliable Transportation (Return Trip),
• Professional Experienced Friendly Guides,
• Safe and Secure event,
• Fresh fruit (seasonal)
Assembly: 7:00 am at JFK Shuttle Stop, U.W.I Main Campus.
Departure time: 7:30am.
Estimated time of return: 6pm
Registration is OPEN and can be done via the following methods:
1) FULL PAYMENT at Scotiabank Trinidad- Bank Account number: 42135- 4016758
**After payment is made kindly contact us (268-6608) to confirm your payment, we will verify and send you a receipt in return** Hikers must walk with their receipt on hike day!
2) FINAL Registration day is on Friday 8th, March 2019 and can be done from 5pm to 7pm at Rituals Coffee Shop, UWI Main Campus, St. Augustine.
**NO REFUNDS AFTER FINAL REGISTRATION DAY (8. 3.19)**
For more information contact Raiza (2686608) Shahada (328-5852) or Julio 747-7294