- This event has passed.
Paria Bay Camp Out
July 27 @ 8:00 am - July 28 @ 5:00 pm
Hikers Get ready for another camp! This time we head to the exotic Paria Bay!
On Satuday 27th- Sunday 28th July, 2019, come enjoy a mini staycation and unwind from the hectic beat of everyday life.
Hike through lush forest to the secluded turtle nesting beach.
The journey is three (3) hours long one way (walking) that treks across dirt roads, transcends the Caribbean Sea where picturesque views and photos can be taken on the “Coconut Tree in the Sea” and the “Church Rock”…not to mention the evergreen rainforest that presents the steep leg cramping “Mount Kilimanjaro”.
The hike is rated 7/10 (difficult).
Camp under the stars on the warm sand of Paria Bay! Sit in the moonlight roasting marshmallows while listening to the crashing waves of the Atlanic Ocean all being warmed by the raging bonfire.
At the campsite Paria offers you a little of everything; a cool river, beach and waterfall attractions to bask in.
Sunday we make the return hike along the Paria trail. (2 1/2 hours one way)
A boat is being provided to take personal items and equipment to the campsite. All Campers are allowed 1 bag and a sleeping bag to be brought to campus on Friday 26th July at 8 am. Campers must bring their belongings labeled in garbage bag.
Cost: $300 per person
-Boat transportation of personal items and camping equipment to Paria Bay.
-Return Transportation from UWI
-Provision of Camping Tents (3-4 persons per tent) *20 person limit*
(Persons with their own tents are welcomed!)
– Dinner Saturday night
1) Pack only essentials (toiletries, water, sheets or sleeping bag, 2 sets of clothing (long sleeves and pants for night time), flashlight, insect repellent)
2) Pack food, snacks and other refreshments as needed
3) Have proper shoes with good sole grips.
.4) Pack an extra change of clothing for return trip (to remain in maxi taxi).
5) No littering, alcohol or smoking allowed.
6) Walk with any medication you may require (asthma, allergies etc)
Bag Drop off: Friday 26th July: 8am
Hike day: Saturday 27th July
Assembly: 7:am am at JFK Shuttle Stop, U.W.I Main Campus on
Departure time: 7:30 am.
Estimated time of return: 6pm Sunday 28th July
Registration is OPEN and can be done via the following methods:
1) FULL PAYMENT at Scotiabank Trinidad- Bank Account number : 42135- 4016758
**After payment is made kindly contact us (2268-6608) to confirm your payment, we will verify and send you a receipt in return** Hikers must walk with their receipt on hike day!
2) FINAL Registration day is on Wednesday 24th July, 2019 and can be done from 5pm to 7pm at Rituals Coffee Shop, UWI Main Campus, St. Augustine.
** NO REFUNDS AFTER FINAL REGISTRATION DAY (24.7.19) * *
For more information contact Raiza (268- 6608), Garvin (333-5913), Julio 747-7294, Shahada (328-5852)
Learn more about Camping at Paria Bay.