- This event has passed.
Mermaid Pool Circuit
April 22 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
On Monday 22nd April, 2019 come journey with us to Mermaid Pools along the Matura River, Matura Village, Salybia. This hike was inspired by one of the legs for the Fusion Challenge and thus is not for the easy going hiker. It takes you to the source of the Matura River where we will come down through various views of nature, cascades, cave formations, plunge pools, mini-rapids and calm-chilly-lengthy expanses of clear water until we reach Mermaid Pool.
This hike is exhausting as it is amazing and it is suggested that you thoroughly secure your phones and electrical items. They WILL get wet if not secured. Double and triple bag setups are suggested.
There would be lots of swimming involved, so even Swimmers may get life jackets…
This hike is rated 7 out of 10 (Intermediate) as its duration is 4 hours long (2 hours in water)
1. Have a proper shoes with good sole grips. (No slippers)
2. Pack an extra change of clothing (to remain in maxi taxi).
3. NO JEANS, thick cotton tops or clothing that will absorb and retain large amounts of water.
4. Secure all electrical items in waterproof/ ziplock bags.
5. No littering, alcohol or smoking allowed.
6. INFORM HIKE LEADERS OF ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS and Walk with any medication you may require.
7. Pack essentials and not too heavy.
Cost: $120.00 (for members) and $130 (for non-members)
• Reliable Transportation (Return Trip),
• Professional Experienced Friendly Guides,
• Safe and Secure event,
• Drink, and
• A bevy of fresh fruits (seasonal)
Assembly: 7:00 am at JFK Shuttle Stop, U.W.I Main Campus.
Departure time: 7:30 am.
Estimated time of return: 6pm
Registration is OPEN and can be done via the following methods:
1) FULL PAYMENT at Scotiabank Trinidad- Bank Account number: 42135- 4016758
**After payment is made kindly contact us (268 6608) to confirm your payment, we will verify and send you a receipt in return** Hikers must walk with their receipt on hike day!
2) FINAL Registration day is on Thursday 18th April, 2019 and can be done from 5pm to 7pm at Rituals Coffee Shop, UWI Main Campus, St. Augustine.
**NO REFUNDS AFTER FINAL REGISTRATION DAY (18.04.19)**
For more information contact Raiza (268 6608) Garvin (333-5913) or Julio 747-7294