- This event has passed.
Matelot Waterfall Hike
July 1 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
On Sunday 1st july, 2018 come with us to one of our most dynamic hikes…contrasting between roadside limestone waterfalls, velvet beach sand and ever leafed bursting green forests…coloured in panoramic orange sunrises and golden sunsets over ocean, mountain and waterfall…To a waterfall with pools so remote in its distance that can only be matched by its stunning purity and natural pristinity.
This is Matelot, sleeping fishing village on the north east coastline passing Rampanalgas, Shark River, Grand Riviere, sandy Toco beach and various roadside waterfalls….ALL of which we will be visiting.
At the destination, we will venture for one hour through the ever-green rain forest to the first pool…clean clear crisp….refreshing.
This hike is rated 3/10 (easy)
Cost: $100.00 Members
$120.00 for Non-Members
$65 w/o Transportation
Assembly: 6:30am at JFK Shuttle Stop, U.W.I Main Campus.
Departure time: 7:00am.
Estimated time of return: 6pm
1. Have a proper shoes with good sole grips. (No slippers)
2. Pack an extra change of clothing (to remain in maxi taxi).
3. No jeans, thick cotton tops or clothing that will absorb and retain large amounts of water.
4. Secure all electrical items.
5. No littering, alcohol or smoking allowed.
6. Walk with any medication you may require (asthma, allergies etc)
Registration is open and can be done via the following methods:
1) FULL PAYMENT at Scotiabank Trinidad- Bank Account number: 42135- 4016758
**After payment is made kindly contact us (2686608) to confirm your payment, we will verify and send you a receipt in return** Hikers must walk with their receipt on hike day!
2) FINAL Registration day is on Friday 29th June, 2018 and can be done from 5pm to 7pm at Rituals Coffee Shop, UWI Main Campus, St. Augustine.
**NO REFUNDS AFTER FINAL REGISTRATION DAY (29/6/18)**
For more information contact Raiza 2686608 Shahada (3285852) or Garvin (3335913)