Matelot Camp 2
February 23 @ 8:00 am - February 24 @ 5:00 pm
MATELOT CAMPING 23rd- 24th February, 2019
Come journey with us to the sleepy village of Matelot, peacefully nestled at the end of the North Eastern part of the island. There you will sleep under the stars to the tune of the waves and hums of the ancient forest. At camp hikers will learn to pitch a tent, cook ole school style using firewood, roast marshmallows in the Bonfire they would have created and learn to tie knots like a fisherman. And of course swim in the pristine waters of Matelot Beach or River.
This camp is perfect for first time campers and those wanting to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Cost:$200 per person
Return Transportation from UWI
Provision of Camping Tents (3-4 persons per tent) 20 person limit
Persons with their own tents are welcomed
Assembly: 5:45 am at JFK Shuttle Stop, U.W.I Main Campus on Saturday
Departure time: 6 am.
Estimated time of return: 6pm Sunday
1) Pack only essentials (toiletries, water, sheets or sleeping bag, 2 sets of clothing (long sleeves and pants for night time), flashlight, insect repellent)
2) Pack food, snacks and other refreshments as needed
3) Have proper shoes with good sole grips.
.4) Pack an extra change of clothing for return trip (to remain in maxi taxi).
5) No littering, alcohol or smoking allowed.
6) Walk with any medication you may require (asthma, allergies etc)
Registration is OPEN and can be done via the following methods:
1) FULL PAYMENT at Scotiabank Trinidad- Bank Account number : 42135- 4016758
**After payment is made kindly contact us (2268-6608) to confirm your payment, we will verify and send you a receipt in return** Hikers must walk with their receipt on hike day!
2) FINAL Registration day is on Thursday 21st February, 2019 and can be done from 5pm to 7pm at Rituals Coffee Shop, UWI Main Campus, St. Augustine.
** NO REFUNDS AFTER FINAL REGISTRATION DAY * *
For more information contact Raiza (268- 6608), Garvin (333-5913), Julio 747-7294, Shahada (328-5852)