- This event has passed.
Maracas Waterfall Adventure
June 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
On Sunday 30th June, 2019 we visit the towering Maracas Waterfall.
Maracas Waterfall with an altitude of 91.5 metres is Trinidad’s highest waterfall. Not to be confused with Maracas Bay/Beach on the North Coast, the falls is located in the Maracas St.Joseph Valley and the source comes from the southern foothills of Mt. El Tucuche. Its close proximity to Port-of-Spain makes the waterfall a favorite tourist destination.
The journey on foot will take thirty minutes, and the uphill path crosses two little streams.
Traditionally, the fall’s is a place for spiritual worship and lining the route are melted candles, flowers, and fruits.
The cascade encircled by giant boulders that add brilliance to the colorful scenery. The spurts of water cascading on the rock form a shower-like spray that is cool and exhilarating.
After taking in the beauty of the cascade we shall divert midway on the trail and explore a small pathway on the right where on the river are two Jacuzzi–like pools.
Cost: $100.00 (for members)
$120 (for non-members).
$75 with out transportation.
• Reliable Transportation (Return Trip),
• Professional Experienced Friendly Guides,
• Safety equipment (LifeJacket)
• Safe and secure event,
• Secured Parking at UWI
Assembly: 7:45am at JFK Shuttle Stop, U.W.I Main Campus.
Departure time: 8:30am.
Estimated time of return: 4pm
1. Have a proper shoes with good sole grips. (No slippers)
2. Pack an extra change of clothing (to remain in maxi taxi).
3. No jeans, thick cotton tops or clothing that will absorb and retain large amounts of water.
4. Secure all electrical items.
5. No littering, alcohol or smoking allowed.
6. Walk with any medication you may require (asthma, allergies etc)
Registration is open and can be done via the following methods:
1) FULL PAYMENT at Scotiabank Trinidad- Bank Account number: 42135- 4016758
**After payment is made kindly contact us (2686608) to confirm your payment, we will verify and send you a receipt in return** Hikers must walk with their receipt on hike day!
2) FINAL Registration day is on Friday 28th JuNE, 2019 and can be done from 5pm to 7pm at Rituals Coffee Shop, UWI Main Campus, St. Augustine.
**NO REFUNDS AFTER FINAL REGISTRATION DAY (28.6.19)**
For more information contact Raiza 2686608 Shahada (3285852) or Garvin (3335913)