- This event has passed.
Hike to Turure Cascades
December 2 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Hikers, join us on Sunday 2nd December, 2018 as we venture to Turure Cascades.
Within the Cumaca forest lies three beautiful limestone waterfalls. Water cascade down the limestone faces creating a spectacular view and crystal pools form below to soak in.
Hikers will walk and at times rock climb along the Turure river to find these hidden cascades. Our final stop at the third waterfall has several pools as the limestone forms a firm base for the river as it flows downstream. Here the pools are of varying depth with some being very shallow.
The hike to the waterfalls takes approximately 35 to 45 minutes, going through pristine tropical rain forest. As you move along the forest trail, the calls of the bell bird can be heard echoing among the trees. There are several river crossings and hiking in the water along this relatively easy hike and the few uphill portions are not difficult.
Hike Rating:3 /10 (easy)
Cost: $100.00 (for members) and $120 (for non-members). This Includes:-Transport (Return Trip), guide and equipment fee, Complimentary fruit and drink
Assembly: 7:30 am at JFK Shuttle Stop, U.W.I Main Campus.
Departure time: 8:00am.
Estimated time of return: 6pm
1. Have a proper shoes with good sole grips. (No slippers)
2. Pack an extra change of clothing (to remain in maxi taxi).
3. No long jeans, thick cotton tops or clothing that will absorb and retain large amounts of water.
4. Secure all electrical items.
Registration is OPEN and and can be done via the following methods:
1) FULL PAYMENT at Scotiabank Trinidad- Bank Account number : 42135- 4016758
**After payment is made kindly contact us (2268-6608) to confirm your payment, we will verify and send you a receipt in return** Hikers must walk with their receipt on hike day!
2) FINAL Registration day is on Friday 30th November, 2018 and can be done from 5pm to 7pm at Rituals Coffee Shop, UWI Main Campus, St. Augustine.
** NO REFUNDS AFTER FINAL REGISTRATION DAY * *
For more information contact Raiza (268- 6608), Garvin (333-5913), Julio 747-7294, Shahada (328-5852)