- This event has passed.
River Gorge & Safari Adventure
October 7, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Hikers, get ready for a new adventure! Join UHFAS/HS as we journey to a spectacular river Gorge. This river is special as it gives us two dynamic destinations. Hikers have the choice to hike to a level 2/10 Spring or a level 6/10 gorge.
Please indicate which Hike option u are interested in upon registering.
*Hike option 1: Spring (2/10; 1 hour one way) Easy. Limited to 30 persons . First pay first served*
The trek starts at a Main Road where medicinal and edible plants and timber trees form a partial canopy. After walking for one (1) hour, we will encounter some abandoned WW Army bunkers which we can explore. Various species of bats await your presence.
We then move on to discover a 15ft limestone spring nestled under giant nutmeg trees. Hikers who wish to relax can stay here.
*Hike option 2: Gorge (6/10; 2 hours one way) Difficult. Limited to 30 persons . First pay first served*
The Adventure seekers wanting a more extreme experience will traverse through abandoned Estate which was once thriving with Cocoa and Nutmeg.
Hikers will then make their way up River for 1 ½ hours. The rocky River will eventually demand rock climbing and swimming. Upon reaching the 30 ft high gorge, hikers can dive into the 15 ft wide plunge pool or bask in any of the three shallow limestone pools.
But wait there’s more… After hiking u have the option to join us at the Eco Safari Park ($40 entrance fee) or if not you can simply head back to campus. Who wouldn’t like to pet cute animals!
1. Have a proper shoes with good sole grips. (No slippers)
2. Pack an extra change of clothing (to remain in maxi taxi).
3. No jeans, thick cotton tops or clothing that will absorb and retain large amounts of water.
4. Secure all electrical items.
5. No littering, alcohol or smoking allowed.
6. INFORM HIKE LEADERS OF ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS and Walk with any medication you may require (asthma, allergies etc.)
Hike & Safari
$160 ( non members)
$120 (non members)
• Reliable Transportation (Return Trip),
• Professional Experienced Friendly Guides,
• Safety equipment (LifeJacket)
• Safe and secure event,
• Secured Parking at UWI
• Refreshment Center ( drink & fruit)
Assembly: 7:00 am at JFK Shuttle Stop, U.W.I Main Campus.
Departure time: 8: 00am.
Estimated time of return: 6 pm
Registration is open and can be done via the following methods:
1) FULL PAYMENT at Scotiabank Trinidad- Bank Account number: 42135- 4016758
**After payment is made kindly contact Raiza (268- 6608) to confirm your payment, we will verify and send you a receipt in return** Hikers must walk with their receipt on hike day!
2) FINAL Registration day is on Friday 5th Occtober, 2018 and can be done from 5pm to 7pm at Rituals Coffee Shop, UWI Main Campus, St. Augustine
For more information contact or Raiza (268-6608) Garvin (333-5913), Shahada (328-5852) )
*NB: NO REFUNDS AFTER FINAL REGISTRATION DAY (5.10.18)