- This event has passed.
Hike to Marakeet Bay
August 4 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Come journey with us on Sunday 4th July. 2019 as we visit the exquisitely private Marakeet Bay that entails a coral stoned coast, soft silted sand and a fresh-water spring that floods the shore for a much deserved Rest & Relaxation.
There we will recuperate under the trees and cave shaded areas, relax, raft in its calm sheltered translucent waters and snorkel along the coral fringed shore.
BRING YOUR GEARS!!!!
This trip is approximately one and a half hours long one way at a very slow pace and is rated 4.5 out of 10 ( Easy). It is a winding trail across a rugged ridge through dense shrubbery and various fruit trees that have an area of Razor grass where caution must be exercised. Clothing to cover arms and legs must be worn.. RAZOR GRASS NOT NICE!
1.Have a proper shoes with good sole grips. (No slippers)
2. LONG SLEEVE tops and LONG PANTS are required. NO JEANS.
3. Pack an extra change of clothing (to remain in maxi taxi).
4. Secure all electrical items in waterproof/zip lock bags.
5. INFORM HIKE LEADERS OF ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS and Walk with any medication you may require (asthma, allergies etc.)
$150.00 (for members) and $160 (for non-members).
This Includes: –
• Reliable Transportation (Return Trip)
• Professional Experienced Friendly Guides
• Safe and Secure event
Assembly: 7:45 am at JFK Shuttle Stop, U.W.I Main Campus.
Departure time: 8:00am.
Estimated time of return: 6pm
Registration is open and can be done via the following methods:
1) FULL PAYMENT at Scotiabank Trinidad- Bank Account number: 42135- 4016758
**After payment is made kindly contact us (2686608) to confirm your payment, we will verify and send you a receipt in return** Hikers must walk with their receipt on hike day!
2) FINAL Registration day is on Friday 2nd August, 2019 nd can be done from 5pm to 7pm at Rituals Coffee Shop, UWI Main Campus, St. Augustine.
**NO REFUNDS AFTER FINAL REGISTRATION DAY (2.8.19)**
For more information contact Raiza (268- 6608)Garvin (333-5913), Julio. 747-7294, Shahada (328-5852)