- This event has passed.
Caura Cave and Waterfall Hike
April 15, 2018 @ 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Hikers get ready for a 2 for 1 event as we journey into unknown parts of the Caura Valley.
Join UHFAS/Hikerspirt as we journey to Caura Cave & Waterfall.
No this is not your typical river lime!
The first leg we hike for 20 minutes.
At the cave feel the rush as we explore the deep, dark and unknown. Look out for the bats!
We then head for a refreshing bath.
The second leg involves crossing several streams through pristine forest amongst the towering trees. This cool one hour walk will melt the stress away. (Hikers will get wet)
Hike Rating: 5/10 (moderate- 2 part hike)
Cost: $100.00 (for members)
$120 (for non-members).
$60 with out transportation.
• Reliable Transportation (Return Trip),
• Professional Experienced Friendly Guides,
• Safety equipment (LifeJacket)
• Safe and secure event,
• Secured Parking at UWI
Assembly: 7:30am at JFK Shuttle Stop, U.W.I Main Campus.
Departure time: 8:00am.
Estimated time of return: 6pm
1. Have a proper shoes with good sole grips. (No slippers)
2. Pack an extra change of clothing (to remain in maxi taxi).
3. No jeans, thick cotton tops or clothing that will absorb and retain large amounts of water.
4. Secure all electrical items.
5. No littering, alcohol or smoking allowed.
6. Walk with any medication you may require (asthma, allergies etc)
Registration is open and can be done via the following methods:
1) FULL PAYMENT at Scotiabank Trinidad- Bank Account number: 42135- 4016758
**After payment is made kindly contact us (2686608) to confirm your payment, we will verify and send you a receipt in return** Hikers must walk with their receipt on hike day!
2) FINAL Registration day is on Friday 13th April, 2018 and can be done from 5pm to 7pm at Rituals Coffee Shop, UWI Main Campus, St. Augustine.
**NO REFUNDS AFTER FINAL REGISTRATION DAY (13/4/18)**
For more information contact Raiza 2686608 Shahada (3285852) or Garvin (3335913)