* To facilitate greater interest and understanding of current social, economic and political world issues that impact upon Caribbean Economies
* To provide a forum whereby the opinions of members and interested parties can be aired and raised for discussion, thereby promoting the University as an active and vibrant institution
* To encourage students of economics to strive for excellence and professionalism in their work by ensuring that the information pertinent to current issues is made available to members
* To conduct research, compile and analyze data and report results in order to provide information for members and create awareness of the necessary skills and techniques required by the economics discipline
* To liaise with other academic and professional associations, both foreign and local, in order to promote greater integration among various disciplines.
* To raise awareness of the opportunities open to students in the field of economics