On Sunday 8th February, the UHFAS journeys to Saut d’Eau Bay, a sheltered bay on the North Coast of Trinidad made famous for a statue of St Peter that was installed on it’s shores. From the bay, the island of Saut d’Eau is visible. This island is one of thirteen government protected wildlife sanctuaries and one of two breeding grounds for Pelicans in the country.
The hike is fairly difficult since a large portion of the trail is on a seep slope surrounded by sweltering rain forests.
Cost $90 (members with jerseys), $110 (for members without jerseys) $120 for non-members. This includes return transport, refreshment of Gatorade, Fruit Picnic and cook-up.
1. Extra change of dry clothes.
2. Proper footwear with good sole grips.
3. No tight fitting clothing will be allowed. Wear clothing that is light, breathable, loose fitting and dries easily.
4. Start hydrating. At least 3 litres of water per day until Saturday.
5. Hikers must have at least 2 litres of their own water.
6. No drinking, smoking or littering for the expedition.
7.HIKERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE EXPEDITION IF ANY OF THESE GUIDELINES ARE BREACHED.
This hike is limited to 20 persons to facilitate efficient planning and catering quality.
Registration begins today (30/01/15) upstairs SAC where Ms Jamira Marcano (326-7315) can be located between the hours of 9am to 3pm.
Final registration is at Rituals Coffee Shop, UWI, Main Campus, St.Augustine on Thursday 5th February, 2015 where you can find Julio Brian from 4:30 pm to 7pm.
Departure will be 8:00am from JFK Shuttle Stop, UWI Main Campus.
Return to campus approximately 4:30pm.
For further information contact Garvin B Semple (333-5913), Shahada (705-1855) Raiza (379-7772) and Julio Brian (747-7294).